Referral(If applicable insert username) [Bad username: azabeth99]
1. What kind of wood is your wand be made of? Go to the Celtic Wood Chart and find which according to your birth date. (This is similar to the traditional horoscopes.) Then copy-paste the description here. Bold traits that describe you very well and strike those that do not apply to you whatsoever. Then provide a brief commentary on how accurate you think these traits are in the scope of your nature and personality. Holly
July 8 - August 4
"The 'new moon' Holly individual is more inclined to become involved with the dreams and ambitions of others by providing both financial and emotional support. While this is indicative of an unselfish and sympathetic nature, it can lead to a blind optimism which may be personally damaging. The 'full moon' Holly individual is more committed to his or her own dreams and ambitions. Such people are likely to become the founding members of societies or business corporations while still retaining a sense of history and tradition. The 'full moon' Holly individual, however, is frequently hypersensitive to personal criticism and may be forced to retreat periodically from the world. "
Practical. Capable. Steadfast in the face of adversity. Cautious. Logical. Efficient. Good business sense. Prefers to assist rather than lead. Supportive. Protective. Possessive. Strives for perfection. Loss of confidence and direction. Exhibits large amounts of personal integrity. Tends to influence things a great deal, but usually behind the scenes. Word is literally a bond and honor in guiding principles. Sensitivity to personal criticism. Constant need of affection and attention. Demanding in a close relationship. Exhibits a miserly attitude. Not known to be a risk-taker. Solves difficult problems through the use of simple logic. Attracted to banking and insurance. Strong-willed. Trustworthy. Great reserve of physical endurance. Down-to-earth. Much spiritual contentment. Collector of artifacts. Excellent eye for a "good deal." Affectionate as mate. Overly-protective. Not inclined to wander. Tends to have a number of close friends of both sexes. Appears to lack a sense of humor. Dislikes laughing at the expense of another. Can be reclusive. Requires a quiet place in which to take respite from huge responsibilities.
This tends to fit me pretty well… Although, I am not into the financial or insurance side of a profession. I am addicted to math and science. I am a very laid back person so I am not possessive at all… I do however, care a lot for the people around me and I tend to worry quite a bit about them.
2. How do you think you would use magic? On a day to day basis? Over your entire lifespan? I am a very traditional person. I think that a person needs to put effort into their work, so I do not believe I would use magic for everything. I would use it occasionally or if I where in a hurry and needed something done, but that would be about it… I would use magic throughout my entire lifespan, but again not for everything.
3. What are your strongest personality traits? Your weakest? I am extremely down to earth. But I am not afraid to take a risk every now and again. My thought on life is, “If you don’t try, then you will never know!” I tend to always give people the benefit of the doubt too. But once they hurt me or someone I am really close with, I have a hard time forgiving. My main weakness is that I fall hard and fast for people. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and get hurt quite a bit by doing so.
4. If you could solve world hunger by killing one person would you? Explain why or why not. That is a really tough decision. Right off the bat I would say yes, but now that I think about it, what if that one person I would kill had a family? I would never be able to put someone through the hurt of losing someone close to them. It is a horrible feeling.
5. Who would you say is your role model? Explain. My role model and my hero… Is my Grandfather. He has been there for me through all of my hardships. He was in a really bad tractor accident, and now every day is a good day to him because he is alive and I admire that!
6. How do you respond to confrontation? It depends. If it is something that I deem as being really stupid and childish, I will just walk away and shake my head. If it is something that I believe in, then I will stand there and fight till the end. Especially if it is defending one of my family members.
7. What values are important in your life? My family means the world to me… My family is the only people that have been there with me though everything. I personally believe that a person should never turn their backs on their family members no matter what the circumstances.
8. If you were to face a boggart, what would it turn into? My grandfather dying. That will by far be the worst day of my life… And I am so afraid because I know it is creeping closer and closer.
9. What makes a person respectable? I think that their personal values make a person respectable. I don’t see someone with a lot of money and power as a person of respect. A person who receives respect from me has a strong sense of morals… And they must have a lot of wisdom.
10. Which of the basic elements do you identify with the most: Earth, Air, Fire, or Water? I feel like I am with water… I love it… There is nothing better than setting outside and watching a thunderstorm or taking extremely long hot baths!
11. Do you believe there can be a truly selfless act? Yes, I do… Believe it or not, there are some people in this world who do not care about themselves, but for the good of others. Look at our public service personnel. Our firefighters and police officers… Not to mention the men and women in the Military that risks their lives every day for the chance to save one life. To me that is completely selfless.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why? I love it where I am now… I just wish it wasn’t so humid all the time. So, if I could, I would pick up my lil farm and take it to Alaska… I hear it isn’t so humid…
13. Have you read all of the Harry Potter Books? If yes, which book is your favorite and why? If no, which book is your favorite so far and why haven't you finished the rest? I have read all the books. My favorite would have to be the POA. Harry finally found someone he can call family. I could only imagine how horrible it must have been to know that there wasn’t someone always there to support you no matter what. (Meaning the first eleven years of his life)
14. Who is your favorite character in the HP series? Why? Hermione, because I relate myself with her. I am a lot like her. I am the brainy one out of all of my friends, and I try and think everything through before I do it. I try to follow the rules, but also know that there are some times that rules need to be broken for the greater good.
15. Which character is your least favorite in the HP series? Why? Until the last book it is Snape. Knowing what all he was doing to protect Harry, now makes sense. But before the last book, I could care less about him… To me he was a jerk. Snape used to, well in my opinion, go out of his way to make sure Harry and his friends should get expelled from the school. I mean sure you may not like someone, but you should not take away the one thing that means the most to them.
But, after the last book, it all kinda made sense. Love is a very powerful feeling. And, I know that if someone reminds you of the one person that you completely care for, but you can no longer see or talk to them, then you will do everything in your power to get the person who reminds them of you away from you… Because it hurts so deeply.
16. If you were a part of the HP series, what canon character(s) would you be friends with and why? Which character(s) do you think you would not get along with?
I would have to see myself being friends with Luna… Again I wear my heart on my sleeve and I try and see all the good in people. I would feel extremely sorry for her, because everyone thought she was crazy. But in all reality she didn’t know any better and was still grieving for her mother.
17. Choose a quote from one of the HP books. ANY quote. Be sure to cite who said it and explain why it is your favorite.
"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."—Albus Dumbledore
I love this quote because it is so true. It takes a strong willed person to stand up to the people who mean the most to you. When someone stands up to their friends like this, while doing so, in the back of their mind they will worry about losing this person as a friend. But their true friends will always stick around no matter what is said.
My journal was created on July 8th, 2007
My favorite spell is “accio” because wouldn’t it be great to summons anything you needed without having to get up and get it?!?!
My friend [Bad username: azabeth99] has been wanting me to join this community for a while. We where in a community together on greatest journal, so I decided to come and pay some attention to my live journal account and join!