Referral( bellipotens cafpows donatello )
1. What kind of wood is your wand be made of? Go to the Celtic Wood Chart and find which according to your birth date. (This is similar to the traditional horoscopes.) Then copy-paste the description here. Bold traits that describe you very well and strike those that do not apply to you whatsoever. Then provide a brief commentary on how accurate you think these traits are in the scope of your nature and personality. "The 'new moon' Oak individual is more inclined to take financial risks than his or her 'full moon' counterpart and makes personal commitments which cannot be easily consolidated. On a more positive note, these people possess strong natural powers of leadership and the ability to rise above the human vices of greed or avarice. There is an element of self-sacrifice inherent in both the 'new moon' and the 'full moon' Oak, but those who fall under the jurisdiction of the 'full moon' are less inclined to make financial losses. These individuals are generally more flamboyant by nature and can be somewhat glory-seeking in character. Nonetheless, the 'full moon' Oak is a creative individual who is generous of spirit with an instinctive sense of survival. "
Refreshing breadth of vision. Determined. Self-motivated Enthusiastic. Responsible. High degree of personal magnetism.
For the most part, the wood under my birth date was pretty accurate, with the traits of me being serious minded and responsible and the like. I was quite surprised how close it was to my personality, for I have been looking for the wand that described my personality and this nailed it to a tee. From what the traits said, I have a keen sense of humor and I enjoy life despite the roadblocks that we all have to face in this world among the other traits that were mentioned. However, the traits such as inclined toward vanity and holding positions of power and a natural leader are the traits that are not me at all. I was never a natural leader,for I see myself more as a follower and the like. I do think that it was pretty close to my personality and oak is one of my favorite kind of wood, so I was happy with that as well.
2. How do you think you would use magic? On a day to day basis? Over your entire lifespan? Mostly I would use magic for the things that we would not normally do around the house, such as the regular house cleaning, and cooking food for friends and family, and even making clothes with just a flick of the wand. With magic we wouldn’t have to go out and buy clothes. We’d just say a simple spell and bunches of clothing would be at our disposal. I can easily see myself fixing things that have broken and using my wand as a flashlight when the power has gone out. All you have to do is mutter a spell and you have a ready light handy. There are many things in the muggle world that we could use magic for. Though it may seem odd to some, but I think it would be very fun for me. I have always wanted to use magic in the real world and being able to would be very fun indeed, and also give many people such as myself freedom to do whatever we want, whether fixing something that is broken or just using magic for the fun of it. I think we’d have too much fun with it, me in particular.
3. What are your strongest personality traits? Your weakest? I have given my weak and strongest traits a lot of thought over the years I have been alive and I have come to find what my strongest traits are and what my weakest ones are by talking to those who know me really well, and doing a lot of thinking too. My strongest traits are the fact that I am loyal to my friends and family and would do anything for them no matter what the situation was. I am there for them anytime they need me and they know that. I am also a great listener and I give good advice to those who need it or those who have problems and just need someone to talk to. Many people have said that I should be a psychologist because I have given good advice to people and I am a great listener. Also, I stand up for what I believe in, and will be there to prove someone wrong when I know that I am right about a particular subject. I do not care what others think of me and I march to the beat of my own drum, so if someone calls me weird, I just laugh it off. It doesn’t hurt me as much as it used to because I know I am me and that is all that matters.
My weakest traits are the fact that I trust people way too easily and sometimes that can get me into trouble cause if I too trust it gives the other person the advantage to use me for whatever purpose they have in mind. This has happened with the many relationships I have had with boyfriends and friends. They saw that I was very trusting and too eager to be friends so they thought it best to use me, and in the end it hurt me, but I am working on that. Another weak trait I have is I am too nice for my own good. I see the good in all people which is a good trait, but I am too nice to those who are still mean to me, I still consider them friends even though it is plain to see that they are never going to change even if I hope they do. This has happened with my current situation with my best friend in real life. She has said I am changing, but in reality it is her cause she is mean to me and no matter what, she is not going to change, but I see the good in her and there is always that hope that she will. I think I am too stubborn for my own good too. My family and friends tell me to do one thing, but I end up not listening to them and doing what I want even if it will affect me in the long run. You would think I should have listened to them by now, but I have not. I am more stubborn now than I have ever been, and I doubt I will change that anytime soon. But I am working on it, but maybe I will see it sooner or later.
4. If you could solve world hunger by killing one person would you? Explain why or why not. That would depend on what kind of situation it was. For the most part I would never resort to any kind of violence for that is the type of person I am. I like to see peace be among everyone in the world and there would be no killing or anything like that. But if I were to stop world hunger, it would depend on the type of situation I Was in. If I were to the point that I would do anything to have food even if I was the type of person to kill someone, I don’t think I would. I think everyone has that chance of survival even if it would take longer than normal to get food in a certain area or even in the whole world. Hunger is a big problem in this world and we see it all the time that some countries can’t even get their own food even if their country is thriving on it. But I don’t think that killing someone would help the situation any. In my opinion it would make it much worse. Killing is never the answer, no matter who hungry you are.
5. Who would you say is your role model? Explain. Without a doubt my role model would probably have to be my younger sister, Elana. She is probably my best friend at the present moment, since my own best friend won’t talk to me. She and I are inseparable and as close as any sisters would be. We have had our ups and downs over the years, but who hasn’t? But I think that brought us closer together. Her personality and how she carries herself inspires me everyday to be more like her, and even though I can’t be exactly like her, I can try to look to her as a role model. I think she is my role model is because of the way she carries herself and doesn’t care what others think of her. She doesn’t care that other people talk about her or make fun of her. She just brushes it off like dust and goes on living life to the fullest and with a personality like hers it’s hard not like her and be her friend. She is caring and generous to others and is always there for me whenever I need her. I can talk to her about anything and I know she is not going to judge me or make fun of me for what I say. She gives me great advice and I feel loved when she gets mad when someone picks on me or says something mean about me. She inspires me to go for the things I want to do in life and since she has a job and car, and all that, I know I can do the same, and I also know that I can call her and not get a busy signal when I need to talk to her. I find it a privilege to know that we can just go driving with no destination in mind. She has the ability to make me laugh and smile when I am having a bad day and I am happy to know that she is there for me anytime I need her. There is no one in the world like her and I am blessed to have her as my sister and with a singing voice like hers, she has inspired me to sing better in that aspect too. She is and will always be my sister and best friend and there is no one that comes close to out numbering her. I love her more now than I have before and that makes me really glad I can count on her no matter what.
6. How do you respond to confrontation? I am the worst sort of person when it comes to confrontation. Not only am I too nice for my own good and see there is good in a lot of people, but when I am confronted with a problem that is beyond my control and not my fault, I get kind of stressed out. I was never one to handle confrontations very well, for I do not like arguing with people, and I never have. I find that arguments and confrontations lead to more drama than you want to have, especially with friends and you can end up losing friends that way. I have lost many friends because of it, and the way I handle it is with a calm approach. If you are calm and get your points across. If you yell and stuff, you will not accomplish anything. In my experience with things like this, it is best to remain calm at all times because the person confronting you will not take you seriously. So remain calm and you will be fine.
7. What values are important in your life? Remaining close to my friends and family is one of them. When I finally move out on my own, and get my own place, I will not see my parents anymore and I hope to remain in contact with them, for they have given me a lot when they didn’t have to, but they did, because they loved me enough to do it. My parents have taught me a lot in life and one of them was to be true to myself and everything else will follow close behind. My parents are the active force behind what I am today, and what they taught me is really important to me. Being respectful and nice and caring are the three things they have taught me to be because you can’t survive in this world if you are disrespectful and hate everyone. Other values I have is not to care what others say about you. All it is, is just words and words won’t hurt you if you know that none of what people say abut you is true. I never care what people say about me and if they hate me, oh well, they were never worth my time if people in this world are going to be heartless maniacs. The values my friends taught me is to be myself and never care what others think. If you love who you are, then you will get along just fine in this world and that is how I feel at this present moment.
8. If you were to face a boggart, what would it turn into? It would turn into what fears me the most and that is spiders. I have a deathly fear of them, and it gets to the point where I get hysterical and end up running from the room. I think my fear started when I was shoved into a field of them, including a black widow spider and my babysitter at the time would not let me out until I was beyond hysterics. To this day I have not gotten over my fear and when I see one on television, or up close I get really freaked and I end up leaving the room. That is what my boggart will take, no doubt about that, because that is the thing that frightens me the most.
9. What makes a person respectable? A person is respectable in my eyes if he or she is caring and is always there to lend a helping hand if you have a problem no matter what the situation is. That also means you in turn doing the same for them if they have a problem. Friendship comes in many forms and there are different kinds of friends, but the circle of friendship never ends, and what makes person respectable is the things that they do for you and with you, whether hanging out and just having fun or talking late at night on the phone, brings friends closer together and I don’t think I’d be who I am today if it had not been for my friends and the ones that have been there for me through everything that comes my way and the things they do to encourage me to live life to the fullest and be happy no matter what happens. That in my opinion is the best kind of friend you can have.
10. Which of the basic elements do you identify with the most: Earth, Air, Fire, or Water? I was born under the water sign so naturally I identify with the sign of water. The water sign is very much like my personality for people born under the sign of water are sensitive and quiet and but they do have a upbeat personality when around those who they know very well. I think I identify with water because I love being in places that have water around them. Being at a lake or the ocean where I can sit, brings me a sense of peace and tranquility and that is what my personality is. I am peaceful and calm for the most part, but there are times when I can lose my temper and that is when you will have to watch out. We water sign people are serious minded, but we do have out fun when not immersing ourselves in books and what not. We have a great sense of humor, but it is our shy personality that win us over and that is why I identify with water, because of my shy personality and peacefulness. And plus I love being around water so that is a plus as well.
11. Do you believe there can be a truly selfless act? There are all kinds of selfless acts in this world. People stealing and hurting others to get money or burning down homes that took families years to build in my mind are pretty selfless, because that means the person who did it, had no thought or regard for the pain it would cots a family or person if they did those things, and it shows that people who did selfless acts only care about themselves and nothing else. There is not one selfless act that is greater than the other, because they go one in the same, and each selfless act you do, there are going to be consequences for the things tat people do wrong in the eyes of others. I see selfless act being a poor way to make you heard and if we were to do these acts then we would have no respect from anyone. That is how I see people doing things to hurt others. It’s just a poor way to live your life, rather than doing things to hurt others or being so selfless not to even care what the odds will be. It’s a sad way to live your life, not matter what the consequences will be.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?I’d live in Italy, hands down. There is no other place in the world I would rather live than Venice, Italy. I don’t know why I chose Venice, but I think it is one of the loveliest places I have seen in my life. There is so much history behind Venice and the country itself that it won’t take just one visit to know it all. The things that Italy has to offer are amazing. Different sights and historic landmarks and even the food would be a treat to eat. Authentic Italian food is probably to die for and we Americans get a taste of it, but it only craves our taste buds even more. I would love to dive into the history and the people and everything that Italy has to offer as well as trying Gelato for the first time. If American ice cream is good, I bet that Italian ice cream is even better. I’d love to live in Italy and that to me would be a dream come true, since Italy is my favorite country and I been wanting to go there as long as I can remember. Going there would I then think that my life has been perfect. If I never go, then I will just dream of the day I finally get to witness what my other friends have in their lives. Italy is just that beautiful, and I want to be able to witness it for myself what it would be like to go someday.
13. Have you read all of the Harry Potter Books? If yes, which book is your favorite and why? If no, which book is your favorite so far and why haven't you finished the rest? I have read all of the Harry Potter books so many times I can’t even count on my hand how many times I have read them all. I think that my favorite book out of the whole series would have to be Half Blood Prince. There is just something about that particular book that draws me to it every time I read it. It may be the fact that the book is a lot darker tone and feeling than the others or it could be the fact that we get to finally see what Voldemort was like when he was younger that makes it worthwhile to read. But I like it for my favorite because I learn the history of Tom Riddle and how his family was, which needless to say were the worst sort of people imaginable. Tom’s mother’s brother and father made the Dursley’s look like a nice family compared to Morfin and Merope’s father. I find myself being more drawn to those sections of the book as well as to what Draco’s purpose in the book was. I even found myself getting a bit frightened when Tom said “I can make them hurt if I want to.” Knowing what he is, proved to be correct cause he can make anyone be hurt in any aspect of torture from him. The thing that stood out for me was the story about the Horcruxes. They are a band subject at Hogwarts, no surprise there, but I was widely interested how you can separate your soul and put it into something else so it can keep on living. Being a lover of history I really liked that part of the book as well as the story of Voldemort’s life. While I feel some pity towards him, part of me wishes that I didn’t know what we know about him, because the way he is scary enough, but to know what he did as a child is even scarier. I think I like Half Blood Prince so much because it is filled with history and being a lover of the subject I love reading about it and I end up learning something new each time I read it. It will probably always be my favorite out of the whole series.
14. Who is your favorite character in the HP series? Why? Those who know me really well, have seen me change my favorite characters in the books multiple times since I began reading the books when I was 16 years old. Now my favorite characters have remained the same since I was 18 and some people are not surprise and have told me that I should have picked Fred and George Weasley as my favorite characters a long time ago. Maybe it’s because they are pranksters and make me laugh, for who wouldn’t love a guy to make you laugh as much as they do? They are the comic relief when times are filled with dark times and trouble and they are always there with witty phrases and the pranks that they come up with. Their disregard for the rules is a plus too, because Fred and George don’t care what they are doing, just as long as they are having fun and they do a great job at what they do to open their own joke shop and share their love of humor with the world. Not only do they have a tendency to make me laugh at any given moment, I also love how they are fiercely loyal to their friends and family and will stop at nothing to make sure they are happy and well protected. They may show that they don’t like their brother, Ron, but that is how they show love, but witty sarcasm and stunts they pull on him, shows that they love their family no matter what. But there are times when they are determined and show people just how strong they are. They are filled with Gryffindor pride and such bravery to do what they need to, to make sure that their family and friends are safe. Though Fred’s death killed me(not more than it did for George) he will always be alive to me no matter what and both of them as a unit are stronger and as my favorite characters they will always be better if they are making me and everyone else who loves them laugh.
15. Which character is your least favorite in the HP series? Why? Draco Malfoy has been my least favorite character since I began reading the books, even though I have slight pity for what he has to go through in his home life, especially with the Dark Lord living in his house while in Deathly Hallows, as well as the treatment he has to endure from his father. No son or daughter deserves that jus because they want an heir to the family. But in the series of Harry Potter I never liked how Draco walked around the school like he owned it. All he ever cared about was himself and how much money he had and how Harry and his friends were of lesser blood because they were half bloods and muggle born’s. All Draco cares about is himself and he thinks just because he is rich that he is better than everyone else around him and that he has to get special treatment. It’s sad how he treats his friends by pushing them away when he really needed them in the Half Blood Prince. He could have used them a lot wisely instead of doing his task on his own, when he could have had all the help he needed. But the way he carries himself and his attitude is something I never liked. I never liked people who thought they were better than everyone else just because they had a lot of money and could do what they wanted just because they come from a wealthy family. His character is fun to dislike and I never will like him, but there is no offense to those who really like him. I just never had a liking for him and I don’t think I ever will.
16. If you were a part of the HP series, what canon character(s) would you be friends with and why? Which character(s) do you think you would not get along with? I’d pretty much be best friends with Luna Lovegood because she is pretty much like me to the core and I adore her and how she acts. I’d definitely hang out with Fred and George and cause trouble in Hogwarts and be able to make people laugh just like they do. I think I would pretty much hang out with all the Gryffindor, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, and Slytherins because all of them seem like a lot of fun to be around and the characters who are cannon from each house would be different and I would love to be around different kinds of people. I know I would not get along with Draco and his gang along with Pansy and her gang of girls who think they are the queens of the school. Those two groups would be mean to me and my friends and I would not want to be around people who were mean and thought of nothing but themselves. But the people I would hang out with would be people who are fun to be around and that is pretty much Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff to a tee.
17. Choose a quote from one of the HP books. ANY quote. Be sure to cite who said it and explain why it is your favorite. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” Albus Dumbledore, Sorcerer’s Stone. I chose this particular quote because it has been my favorite quote since I began reading the books. It holds true to me because we can’t dwell on dreams and forget the important things in your life such as family and friendships and the other things in your life. It is okay to dream but to dwell on them too often would mean we would want to be part of that dream. We all have dreams, but watching them unfold is better than to dwell on them and forget our lives ahead of us.
Date journal was created: October 06,2003. Favorite spell: Exspelliarmus
I heard about the community from my freinds Chrissy,justanerdyangel Jana, bellipotens and a bunch of other accio members, who talked about how much fun they had here and so that peaked my interest and I decided to join and see if I could have as much fun as they do. :)